- Client’s are from professional background and had taken franchise from the prestigious DPS Society, New Delhi. They had to meet the project timelines and expectation on quality.
- They needed assistance in planning the campus and facilities clearly realizing that most part of the investment will be in building
- They also realized that the awareness and brand recall of DPS in Jamnagar would be low and needed professional services for branding, marketing and admissions
- The affiliation from CBSE and State Government Approvals were other key requirement
- Strategum Project Team worked on clear project timelines and delivery with concrete operational structure and systems to achieve start of School’s first academic year in June.
- A project coordinator from Strategum was deputed on-site to coordinate with Client and implement tasks on ground.
- Strategum team worked closely with the Architect for school project ensuring that the academic and non-academic spaces were well planned with optimal utilisation of built-up area and land area.
- A marketing campaign was designed around the theme “Your future. our Legacy.” This caught the imagination of the target group from city and generated huge response for School
- Strategum team also worked on other aspects of project like IT deployment, academic model, recruitment of teachers, training, procurements, cbse affiliation, systems & SOPs.
- The project was delivered within the time frame and within the capital budget defined by the client.
- The School commenced operations in April 2014 with 524 students and 28 teachers. Today, it has over 1200 students and is affiliated with CBSE.
- The client comes from a business background with a passion to establish a high quality school with emphasis on sports and all around development of child.
- He had approached various reputed franchise brands and was convinced that the quality of education as per his vision can be provided only when he starts school with his own brand
- After partial completion of school building in a 6 acre campus, client realised that establishing the school would require much more than just construction of building. The magnitude of the work ahead including the recruitments, marketing & admissions, procurement created the need for professional management in establishing the School.
- Being a businessman, he was hard pressed on time and needed someone to whom he can off load the project related tasks.
- The client was also concerned about the capital cost and interest there on to make the project self-sufficient
- Strategum’s Operations Team conducted an insightful marketstudy and prepared a detailed project report. Based on this, it was decided to build the school building in phases and consequently the first and second floor of the building was left unfurnished. This saved considerable capital and interest cost.
- Strategum deputed a Senior Project Manager at Agra who could facilitate all decisions on behalf of client reducing the need for deeper involvement in non-academic matters
- A Project Team Leader along with a Project Team of 5 experienced executives from Strategum’s Office efficiently coordinated with client on recruitments, academic planning, training, systems development, IT implementation, procurements, School Transport Planning, Admissions, Counselling, Digital Marketing, etc.
- In order to give a boost to sports in school, Strategum facilitated tie up with India’s leading sports company KOOH Sports. The former Indian Cricket Team Physiotherapist John Glouster was invited to launch the School along with ?……..
- We had also set up an admissions office in the heart of city to ensure convenience of parents walkins and admissions counselling
- The Project was delivered with optimal planning of capital investment and ensuring efficient utilisation of space built.
- The School has achieved excellence in Sports with over 25 students from TISA winning laurels for School in State Level and National Level championships in sports like badminton, football, table tennis, etc
- TISA today has over 500 students clearly winning in the highly competitive market of Agra dominated by missionary schools
- The School is promoted by Sudha Devi Trust and was built in the memory of the mother of Dr Raman Singh, the Chief minister of Chhattisgarh. As such, the expectations of the local residents was huge. Also, the fee to be charged was mandated to be very low – around Rs 14,000 per year for Nursery (2012)
- Kawardha city has a population of around 50,000 with no urban lifestyle and is not connected with railway network. This was challenging from the perspective of recruiting teachers and principal. The quality of teachers within city was poor and attracting talent from other bigger cities would be difficult considering the demographics of city.
- The expectations from Strategum was simply to convert this dream into reality. The client provided free hand and all required support to ensure that a high quality school is established with zero compromise on any legal requirements
- Strategum appointed a seasoned and experienced project team to work on this project led by an efficient and passionate Project Coordinator on ground. Clear communication and approval channels were defined and agreed with clients to ensure speedy approvals for all important decisions.
- Considering the expectations, the architect was selected from Ahemdabad with an experience in school design and planning. The campus design clearly stood out in the city making it a Buzz of town
- The HR Team worked tirelessly thinking out of box to ensure appointment of teachers and Principal. Clearly, All the teachers appointed had to be from outside Kawardha. Accordingly, systems and practices were defined to attract teachers. A detailed plan of offering to teachers was chalked out – both financial and non-financial aspects: semi-furnished staff quarters, liberal HRA and other allowances, free child education, the purpose of school, excellent work environment and more than 100hours of training each year.
- Strategum Team also worked on the interiors of classroom, learning corridors ensuring that every learning space was refreshingly different from the typical school environment.
- The school had large number of first generation learners, as such the Strategum worked on innovative practices like Home PTMs, Extended Day School, 3-day Annual Abhyuday Utsav Program, Remedial classes, Open Days, Story Telling Sessions, Goody Bag, Star Among the Stars, Individualised Lesson Plan & Portfolio, Student Management System, Parenting Workshops, etc.
- The School is the most eco-friendly and state of the art in the district with solar powered electricity, rain water harvesting, 24X7 CCTV Monitoring, Organic Farming, Wifi network, school App, and much more.
- After 4 years, The School has over 1000 students with teacher:student ratio of an impressive 1:18 and average tuition fee of Rs. 21,000 per year across all grades.
- Over 80% of the teachers are from outside Kawardha
- The School achieved 100% results in its first Board Exams in Grade 10.
- The client is an alumni of IIT Kharagpur and had clear intent and Vision of building a state of art school with affordable quality education. About 60000 sq.ft of construction was planned in Year 1 (2017)
- The Kharagpur city is home to top quality Kendriya Vidyalaya and Missionary Schools. The awareness of people with regards to education is very high.
- The campus location was far from city and on national highway raising concerns on safety of child.
- The scale of the project demanded that we attract minimum 400 students in first year to make the project viable.
- The client clearly valued professional advice on all elements of school establishment and management. Essentially, his focus area was teacher recruitment and academic planning
- While the client took care of construction, Strategum Project Team worked on building systems, process and protocols for efficient management of School.
- Our insightful market survey clearly hinted at starting the Marketing campaign early and a dire need of city campus.
- Accordingly, the branding of School across the city was started in August (usually its in October) followed with opening of our city admissions office inside the city’s only Shopping Mall.
- The early start of admissions demanded great involvement and time commitments from entire project team. The Admissions Counsellors were intensively trained in marketing & selling, a detailed FAQs were prepared for their reference on academic queries, video presentation and NIIT’s ERP was installed to manage the enquiries.
- With a clear intent to offer a very unique education program – for the first time in Kharagpur – we came up with Apple Education Program using iPads for teaching, Robotics Lab, EduSports Program, Maths Lab, Vast range of outdoor sports, School App, GPS and Camera enabled secured School Bus. Most importantly, we recruited all our teachers from outside Kharagpur and capped the number of students in each section to 30.
- In the very first year, we admitted 643 students from Nursery to Grade 7
- The 10 acres campus with a massive 57000 sq.ft construction is complete with all modern facilities and amenities.
The cohort of 36 teachers has been extensively trained in use of iPads in classrooms, and such other modern teaching tool.